Enna on the road

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cruising around the island

View out of my bungalow on Maenam Beach, Koh Samui


Khao San Road – that resumes pretty well what I have seen in Bangkok this time – and mostly by night. I have to say to my defense, and everybody who is a follower of my blog will know – that I have done quite substantial sightseeing here throughout the last few years, so I could happily and with no regrets dive into Bangkoks nightlife and stay in bed during the day (also given the fact that the World Cup was on). And have a massage before I would go out again.
Again I discovered that I don´t like the sex-tourism, but that´s no surprise. We even pushed the boudaries a bit further this time by visiting one of the many advertised Ping-Pong-Shows in Patpong.
Germany had a bad match against Serbia, and England an even worse one against Nigeria. Why my fellow passengers still thought they could make fun of me I don´t understand, poor them, and it wouldn´t get any better. Even after a 4:1, they were living in the illusionary bubble that England has a good football-team. Well, let them try again next time...

Anyways, enough of that, even though it was one of the main topics of conversation throughout the journey, but I think I touched enough of it for now.

After 4 nights of extensive nightlife, breakfasts at Burger King, room service, a bit of shopping, watching the new A-Team movie at MBK shopping centre, going bowling afterwards and a new haircut (with a 20min headmassage of course), we were ready to move on. The whole crew was complete again, Ginny and Aki who had stayed in Kathmandu to miss out on driving days in India had joined us again and we were ready to hit the road in our pretty red bus with humongus seats and pretty curtains, towards Koh Samui.

Stepping out of my little Bamboo Hut, I was straight in front of the beautiful beach of Mae Nam, calm water, ideal for a daily swim. We were not there for the full moon, but we however hit the nightlife in Chaweng, and it was really good! During the day the whole OzBus spread around the island, you could probably spot our motorbikes or jeeps or transport of all kinds everywhere. The Irish Pub was the ideal setting for watching the football once more...Not much more to tell really, but it was a great time of relaxing, getting some rest and time to yourself! It was hard to say goodbye and move on to be honest, I was well surprised of Koh Samui and will definatley come back one day!

The next two days we took the ferry and bus down to Hat Yai, border town to Malaysia, that I last crossed the other way by train. It was a surprisingly big city and we had a Western feast in a Burger Restaurant in one of the big shopping malls. The next morning we had to say goodbye to our wonderful guide Suzie, and Thailand. A quick drive through Malaysia, 2 days, and we would hit the next country, Indonesia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home